- The biggest international airport near Nijmegen is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (The Netherlands), 120 km/70 miles. From here, trains leave every 15 to 20 minutes to Duivendrecht Station where there are connecting trains to Nijmegen (see: "BY TRAIN"), or go by car to Nijmegen (see: "BY CAR").
- Other smaller airports near Nijmegen are Eindhoven Airport and Niederrhein Airport near Weeze, Germany. The latter has a regular taxi service that brings passengers to Nijmegen central train station in 45 mins.
- General: Nijmegen is easily accessible by train from all major cities of the Netherlands. Train information is given on the yellow sign time tables located in the station halls and on train platforms. An online railway time table is available on the web site of the NS (the Dutch Railways) in both Dutch and English. It contains the full, up to date, domestic time table of the Netherlands and some important international connections.
- Coming from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: The train station is in the airport itself. Buy a train ticket to Nijmegen-Heyendaal. The ticket counters of the Dutch Railways (NS) are in the arrival hall of the airport. Take a train to Duivendrecht (this is not the direction Amsterdam CS (Central Station)). This is a stoptrain and you have to take it to the third or fourth stop (Duivendrecht). Trains run about four times per hour. Change in Duivendrecht to the Intercity Utrecht-Arnhem-Nijmegen (the platform is upstairs from where you arrive). Some trains run through to Nijmegen CS, others go to Arnhem CS, where you'll have to change train for a connection to Nijmegen.
From Nijmegen CS you can take a stoptrain to Nijmegen-Heyendaal (This train runs through to Boxmeer, Venlo, or Roermond. Nijmegen-Heyendaal is the first stop). From Nijmegen-Heyendaal it is a 5 minute walk to the Faculty of Science. Another option is to take a taxi or a so-called "train taxi" (reduced fair, only valid by showing your train ticket), or take the regular bus service (Heyendaal Shuttle).
- Coming from Eindhoven Airport: Take the bus to Einhoven train station, buy a ticket to Nijmegen Heyendaal and take a train to 's Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch), where you'll have to transfer to Nijmegen (train goes to Zwolle).
- Take the Heyendaal Shuttle from Nijmegen central station and get off at Universiteit/Oost. The bus goes with 4 to 7 min intervals.
- From Amsterdam/Utrecht (A2/A12/A50) or Rotterdam (A15): At intersection "Knooppunt Valburg", go in the direction of Kleve/Bemmel (A15) (NOTE: Don't follow direction "Nijmegen" at this point!). At intersection "Knooppunt Ressen", follow the Nijmegen turnoff (A325) towards Nijmegen. The University of Nijmegen and the University Hospital Nijmegen "St. Radboud" are signposted as "Universiteit", "H Ziekenhuizen" or "H Radboud" on all major routes into Nijmegen. This will direct you to the University campus. The science building is on the "Heyendaalseweg". Once in the vicinity of the campus follow the blue "P9" or "P10" signs, which will lead you to the parking lot closest to our building at the Faculty of Science. You could also plan your route on the map below.